2023 National Growers Conference
Bigger and better than ever is what TurfBreed’s 2023 National Growers Conference will be.
This not-to-be-missed event, which will be held at Albury in New South Wales from 28-30 May 2023, is titled “Cut Above”, emphasising how quality, marketing, innovation and being better than your opposition will give TurfBreed’s growers a greater chance of raising their “bar” within the industry.
The Conference will most importantly provide an opportunity for delegates and sponsors to build networks and share their expertise and services all in the one central location.
- One of the most innovative presenters on the horticulture circuit – Jill Briggs speaking on fully utilising the “superpowers” of your turf teams and what superpower is unrecognised/underutilised in turf businesses –women!
- A panel of leading experts offering everything there is to know about IronCutter™ Hybrid Bermudagrass in both Australia and the United States and how it compares with other leading couch varieties on the Australian market.
- Brendan Bailey who for the past 20 years has helped companies and small businesses influence, negotiate, and collaborate with key market retailers and commercial buyers. Brendan will offer productive and easy solutions on how turf farmers can negotiate price increases and the importance of keeping buyers abreast of key market trends when supply is either high or low.
- Will Schnell, renowned sports turf manager from Mountain View Seeds whose past experiences include managing the iconic Rose Bowl Sports Ground at Pasadena in the United States.
- Warren Davies – The Unbreakable Farmer, is not just any average farmer. His eventful life which tested his resilience, persistence and determination, has had a massive impact on his young family, relationships and finances and made Warren the farmer he is today. His story will resonate with turf farmers in the room
- A panel of the turf industry’s leading chemical authorities discussing – The Future Challenges of Turf Chemicals in a world where “the environment” comes first.
- A range of turf machinery and demonstrations at the Field Day
TurfBreed’s National Grower Conference has been held with great success for the past two years with more than 100 delegates attending.
The Conference is a once a year opportunity to bring the TurfBreed grower community together to discuss and explore the latest research, industry issues, varieties and key topics influencing how we produce and market turf.
The Conference is also a great chance for turf service suppliers to build relationships and markets amongst the TurfBreed grower community.
Why attend? Connect with up to 100 TurfBreed growers: Bringing together growers, industry services, scientists, chemical experts, marketers, agronomists and researchers to explore the latest thinking and discuss the key issues influencing how growers can develop their businesses into the future.
High-calibre agenda: Local and international speakers challenge growers to think differently about their businesses and offer advice on variety developments.
Unparalleled networking: Expect plenty of networking and celebration alongside all the learning!