Australian born and bred
Nara Native Zoysia™ is the Number 1 Aussie native choice for lower maintenance, high drought tolerance, weed resistance and salt and wear resilience.
Botanical Name: Zoysia macrantha.
- Medium shade tolerance
- Very high drought tolerance
- Very low maintenance – less watering, mowing and fertiliser
- High wear tolerance
- Fine leaf textured making it soft under foot
- Excellent winter colour
- High salt tolerance
- Great at out-competing weeds
- Natural resistance to bugs and insects
- Produces low seed head (common irritant to people with allergies)
- MAC03 (Nara Native Zoysia) is recognised by the Australian Cultivar Registration Authority (ACRA) as being an Australian native grass.
- Nara Native Zoysia™ is a fast-establishing native grass that is low maintenance, has a high tolerance to salt, fungal and pest incidence.
- Nara Native Zoysia™ will need about 20% less mowing than Buffalo, 35% less than Couch and 55% less than Kikuyu.
- Nara Native Zoysia™ shows superior attributes that makes it a hardy choice of turf that stands-up to Australia’s harsh conditions.
- Nara Native Zoysia™ is specified for road works and soil erosion control, as it performs extremely well in wet areas.
- Nara Native Zoysia™ can survive on natural rainfall and has been seen to endure long periods of non-maintenance.
- When well-maintained Nara Native Zoysia™ looks lush and holds colour throughout the seasons.
- When left to its own devices, Nara Native Zoysia™ saves on long-term mowing, pesticides, de-thatching and fertilisers.
- Nara Native Zoysia™ meets the Erosion Control Australian Standard No# AS5181: 2017
Use and installation of turf as an erosion, nutrient and sediment control measure.