Sun loving and hard wearing
Kenda® Kikuyu is the ideal lawn to handle all kinds of wear and tear – whether it be large dogs, active kids or backyard parties.
Botanical Name: Pennisetum clandestinum.
- Thrives in full sun
- High drought tolerance
- Quick recovery from wear and tear
- Bright green colour year-round
- Soft to the touch and underfoot
- Low allergenic characteristics
- Low seed head production
- Bred to be predominantly male sterile, Kenda® Kikuyu doesn’t seed like common Kikuyu so won’t spread.
- Kenda® Kikuyu has 4 times as many rhizomes as common Kikuyu, so it wears a lot better.
- Kenda® Kikuyu keeps growing in winter when other warm season turf types stop – has a Green Winter Colour.
- Kenda® Kikuyu is drought tough and fast establishing due to its large prostrate runners.
- Kenda® Kikuyu grows more horizontally than vertically – giving it a lower profile when not mown regularly.
- Kenda® Kikuyu is more uniform and has a denser appearance than common Kikuyu.
- Kenda® Kikuyu has low allergenic characteristics.
- Kenda® Kikuyu has a dense leaf which is soft underfoot.
- When left unmown, Kenda® Kikuyu is shorter than common Kikuyu.