Toughest yet. Nothing out wears OZTUFF
OZTUFF™ Couch is a home-bred grass well able to cope with Australia’s harsh conditions.
Botanical Name: Cynodon dactylon.
PBR: Oz-E-Green 2004/035.
- High drought tolerance
- Strong resistance to insects and diseases
- Moderate thatch layers which provide greater wearability and recovery
- Excellent for high wear recreational and sports areas
- High tolerance to salt
- Year-round dark green colour
- Retains colour in poorer quality soils
- Soft to the touch and underfoot
- Produces little seed head (a common irritant for people with allergies)
- OZTUFF™ Couch’s fine leaf is soft to the touch and dense underfoot.
- OZTUFF™ Couch’s extensive deep root system aids with drought tolerance and wear recovery.
- OZTUFF™ has the highest salt tolerance of any Couch variety, making it suitable for coastal areas and pool sides.
- OZTUFF™ Couch tolerates low water quality, such as recycled water and site
- OZTUFF™ Couch maintains a natural dark green colour and grows well even in poorer quality soils where nutrition would be considered inadequate for other turf varieties.
- OZTUFF™ Couch is a highly attractive ornamental grass when well maintained.
- OZTUFF™ Couch requires very low fertiliser inputs to maintain a deep dark green colour.
- OZTUFF™ Couch was ranked #1 for wear tolerance in a 4-year Horticultural Australia Limited study (TU08018). Data collected mirrored results seen in the field where it was planted on sports fields receiving high use.
- OZTUFF™ Couch has a moderate thatch layer which provides greater wear resistance.
- OZTUFF™ Couch has demonstrated it can handle saltwater levels 50% that of sea water (TU06006 & TU02005).
- OZTUFF™ Couch is a dark green coloured turf.